Romanian Simona Halep, recently arrived world number 10 in tennis players ranking, makes a surprise and win woman’s tennis tournament in Doha – Qatar. Until the final, had come a long way being directly qualified to second round of competition. The tournament was held between 02.08.2014 – 16.02.2014 and had a budget of awards totaling $ 2,500,000.
Simona Halep passed famous players of the world and thus has made a name in world of tennis. She has beaten until the final :
1. 2nd round – Kaia Kanepi (27th in the World) 6-4, 3-6, 7-65
2. 3rd round – Annika Beck (55th in the World) 6-4, 6-1
3. 1/4 – Sara Errani (7th in the World) 6-2, 6-0
4. semifinal – Agnieszka Radwanska (4th in the World) 7-5, 6-2
Simona Halep was noted this year, in women’s tennis tournament in Melbourne where he reached the semifinals where she was defeated by Dominika Cibulkova.
Doha final started very well for Simona Halep she won the first set by a score of 6-2, Angelique Kerber succeed without any break. The second set began more closely, and it looked like Angelique gave go to the game, that up to 2-1. Since then, Simona has taken the lead of the game, and never left until the end, making 3-2, winning two service breaks on opponent’s serve final score being 6-3 in the second set.
Also in 2013 Simona Halep has made progress in world tennis, winning major tournaments including:
1. Tournament from New Haven – hard – prize worth $ 681,000 (in the final defeated Petra Kvitova 6-2, 6-2),
2. Moscow tournament with prizes worth $ 794,000 – hard inside – where she defeated Samantha Stosur in the final 7-61, 6-2
3. Tournament from Sofia with awards totaling $ 750,000 where also defeated Samantha Stosur 2-6 , 6-2, 6-2.