After a few hours of use, the computer gets hot. This, in addition to the heat that it radiates can create trouble in operation. Here are some handy tips that will help to assure your computer’s working temperature as low as possible for longer.
Generally the components in a PC generate heat are: processor video card, CPU, south-bridge motherboard, power transistors in the power supply, hard drive and other auxiliary equipment.
What to do to have a computer “colder“
- Place the housing as close to the floor, because at this level the temperature is lower than the desk. Therefore, many offices have slot for the bottom casing. Here’s a little problem with dust. Be cleaned, it can affect even the cooling.
- Let the computer “breathe”. The warm air is evacuated back side, so it’s good that between the back of the computer and the wall to be at least 25 cm and output cables not to hinder airflow.
- Be careful when buying furniture! Some computer desks are not designed to provide optimal CPU cooling.
- Arrange cables so as not to disturb the airflow. In this way you will help reduce heat accumulation in the case. You can organize or gather cables so they do not intersect with the airflow.
- Try to fit an additional fan for some component or warm air to exit from the case. If do not have a standard place to mount the fan inside can add additional fans.
- Install radiator on overheating chips. This increases the surface which transfers its heat from the component and result in a lower temperature (but constant). This method is not recommended and you should be complemented by a fan.
- Regularly change thermal compound that makes the heat transfer between the microprocessor and its cooling system. Heat pasta manufacturers recommend replacing them every 1-2 years.
- Polish radiator or CPU if the radiator is either distorted or the IHS processor has imperfections. This provides a good contact between components if polished.
EXTREME SOLUTION: Purchase a more spacious housing which allows the installation of larger and more efficient fans. It’s not the most appropriate option, but works.[adsense][adsense]