Came the long awaited summer! The period in which hardly wait to go to the beach and to the swimming pool to get the perfect tan so that all heads turn back after us, girls! (not to be modest, but including girls not only boys). In reality, however, we must not forget to take precautions so that sunbathing to be in our favor and not in our disadvantage.
Sun exposure is beneficial to the body as long as the hours of beach are recommended by dermatologists specialists. I know that perhaps some people will think it is an exaggeration to bring again in the discussion the opinions of specialists, but it is relevant when it is about our health. It is necessary to inform ourselves about the benefits and risks of solar radiation exposure.
When we talk about the benefits, besides the aesthetic benefits of sun exposure promotes the synthesis of vitamin D needed to prevent rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults, relieves joint pain and strengthen the immune system.
However one should not overlook the fact that prolonged exposure to sunlight is a risk factor for the occurrence of many diseases, including skin cancer, sunburn, cataracts and macular degeneration. Also, this practice may exacerbate existing pathological conditions such as cardiovascular disease or autoimmune disease.
When it comes to walk to the beach and about tanning most people believe that this activity is perfectly healthy, or at least not anything threatens the welfare of the body. Because of these erroneous views, specialty physicians take advantage of every opportunity to warn the population that exposure to the sun irrational favors the emergence of more aggressive forms of skin cancer – malignant melanoma.
Taking into account conclusions of experts, here are some tips so that you enjoy the sun and its beneficial effects without having to suffer:
- →It is good that sun exposure not to be done between 11.00 – 17.00, because of the risk of sunburn and heatstroke. Optimal hours are between 7:00 to 10:00 because aerosols are beneficial to protect the bronchial tree.
- →Great care must have people with multiple pigmented nevi (moles), found in the areas of exposure! It is preferable that these pigmented nevi areas not being exposed too much to the sunlight and especially not between 11.00 – 17.00. Pigmented nevi are very dangerous because they can turn into cancer. For individuals wishing to eliminate a risk factor, there is the possibility of eliminating these moles through surgery.
- →Skin protection of persons with high sensitivity (blond, albino) must be done with sunscreen.
- →During this hot time , we must be careful moisturizing properly. We need to drink 3-4 liters of fluid per day. And depending on how much you sweat and how we expose to high temperatures, it is recommended to increase the amount of liquid consumed. Required amount of water can be also taken from fruits or vegetables. Thus, during this period, take advantage of natural juices.
- →During this period, when the sun burns in the sky must be avoided alcohol, coffee and cigarettes. It increase heart rate and the possibility of a stroke.
- →Cover your head with a hat, so to protect yourself against heatstroke, which can occur very easily, especially if you’re sensitive.
- →Another problem occurs when, after a prolonged exposure to the sun, jump in the water with the thought of you cool. A very big mistake! Entry into the water is gradual, so that the body temperature to fall and get used to the water. So avoid the possibility of respiratory or cardiac infarct.
So here are some tips to be in our favor this summer. If you want to enjoy a great holiday, beautiful and healthy, listen to medical advice and protect your skin and body!