Diet, along with exercise is one of the most effective weapons against preventing or controlling diabetes. Here are ten recommended foods that will reduce your blood sugar level it may even help you get rid of diabetes:
- CINNAMON. Amazingly, just sprinkling cinnamon over your food, you can reduce blood sugar levels. Some substances in cinnamon help the body use insulin more effectively, and glucose can enter the cells of the body. Recent studies have shown that just half a teaspoon of cinnamon taken daily reduces blood sugar level.
- YOGURT. Yogurt is rich in protein and calcium. Some studies have shown that people who eat foods rich in calcium are more protected from the development of diabetes. Yogurt is the perfect “snack”, add dried fruit, nuts and seeds for extra flavor.
- OLIVE OIL. In the middle of Mediterranean food is olive oil, an oil considered a good fat. One of its benefits is to reduce the body’s resistance to insulin.
- WALNUTS and SEEDS. These are rich in essential fatty acids that fight heart disease. These reduce body’s resistance to insulin and help control blood sugar levels. These are some of the best sources of vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects cells. It is high in fiber and magnesium, and keep in mind they are very caloric.
- CHICKEN BREAST. Chicken breast is a very versatile food, extremely rich in proteins of very high quality and very low in calories. Chicken breast is practically a special food. One hundred grams of chicken breast, skinless serving contains 142 calories and three grams of fat. Turkey breast is even poorer than chicken in calories.
SEE CONTINUATION OF ARTICLE BELOW
[adsense][adsense]Pages: Page 1 Page 2